Thursday, August 18, 2011

Airports and Girls


My friend once told me “Airports are on my list of places to never meet a girl. It’s bound to be long distance.” Although I concur, I also believe that not taking advantage of your opportunities to do some quality flirtage will leave your game a long distance away from you. Thus, when a conflict in principles occurs, it's better to spit game.

While I was standing in line to board the airplane, my internal-attractive-female-radar went off. I glanced behind me to find a pretty brunette girl modeling a flowing flower skirt. Mamacita! I quickly thought of a decent rule of the third conversation starter about our luggage that was visible outside our window. Soon we started talking about her sorority and my ol’ college days, and then arrived at a daunting fork in the airplane aisle we were about to walk onto.

You see, I came on the plane first which meant I could decide where to sit. I could also choose to make the bold statement of “let’s sit here.” Or just keep walking and give the flowered beauty the freedom to choose where to sit. And on this independence weekend, I gave her liberty.

After searching for two side by side open seats, I found my airplane love couch in aisle 10. I looked back for my princess and suddenly, time went into slow motion. I watched as my sparkling airport damsel lifted her backpack above her head and into the overhead bin above aisle four. I had lost.

Well, really she had lost on one of the greatest opportunities of her life by choosing not to sit by me. But, however you look at it, it was sad. At least now I know why airports are called “terminals.” Relationships end there just as quickly as they start.

This situation highlights a classic controversial question in the game of hustlin. How authoritative should the man be when pursuing a woman? There is little doubt in my mind that if I had asked “where shall we sit?,” the girl would have been with me the entire trip. Yet, clearly, she chose the more desolate option because I never guided her with a more direct question.

The answer to the age old question might vary from guy to guy. From my experience, if the girl seems worth getting to know and you might be good together, it is better to confidently suggest an option. The girl may not like the options you have given her and begrudgingly say yes, but this is often out of her fear of unfamiliarity. She may also have dated a lower-tier dude who left a douchy taste in her mouth and thus have her palate temporarily shut. Few girls would want to say anything but yes knew what delightful buffet of manliness you are. So if you know what you want, be bold, confident, and direct. This is the best way to ensure she will be flying with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment